Recent Media Exposure
- January, 2018: To appear on WGTE’s Public Affairs Program, Deadline, to discuss the impact of healthcare reform on local providers. 30-minute TV program.
- May 23, 2016: Quoted in NJBiz.com (article), “Speakeasy: Examining women’s role in supply chain.”
- March, 16, 2016: Quoted in Hospitals & Health Networks (article), “ACHE Congress Day 3: Three Hot Topics in Health Care Management, and How the Field’s Best are Responding.”
- July 15, 2015: Quoted in Bloomberg Businessweek (article), “Amazon grabs a prime spot.”
Departmental Service (since 2014)
- Director, Supply Chain Management Institute, Bowling Green State University (2017–present).
- Committee member, SCM Faculty Search Committee (Fall 2017), Rutgers.
- Co-Chair and Organizer of two panels, RBS Women in Supply Chain Symposium, April 2016.
- Faculty Coordinator, RBS MBA Operations Analysis Challenge Exam (August 2015 to present).
- Research Faculty Representative, UPS Corporate Presentation Team. Selected as a “Strategic University Partner,” Atlanta, GA, Spring 2016.
- Faculty, developed and presented “Inventory Management” in a daylong workshop for the Newark High School SCM Certificate program, June 2015.
- Co-author with Rudolph Leuschner and Eric Larson, The Medical Devices Supply Chain case study used for the inaugural Big Ten SCM Case Competition.
- Committee member, PhD in SCM Admission Committee, 2015-present.
- Developed a MBA new course with Dr. Yao Zhao; “Healthcare Services Management.”
- Faculty consultant with Professors Lei and Chen, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center NICU process improvement project. Center for Supply Chain Management. 2014.
- Co-organizer and panel moderator with Professors Eastman and Rogers, Diagnosing Healthcare Supply Chain Challenges, hosted by the Rutgers Center for Supply Chain Management and Global Health! April and November 2014.
- Guest Contributor, Healthcare Reform and Supply Chain Management? Rutgers Supply Chain Management Thought Leaders, January 2014, Vol. 1, Iss. 1, p 1.
College and University Service
- Member, University Faculty Research Committee, BGSU (2017-present).
- Member, Committee to Advance the Research Profile, BGSU Col. of Business (2017-present).
- Program Director, RBS Masters of Science in Healthcare Services Management. This new program generates about $400K in annual revenue for RBS.
- Co-Developer with Professor Yao Zhao, Proposal for a Johnson & Johnson Accelerated Masters in Healthcare Services Management.
- Search Committee Member for an Executive Director, Rutgers Healthcare Innovation Center (Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School)
- Session Organizer, Rutgers Applied Probability Conference Series (2015).
- Member, Rutgers Business School Dean’s Task Force on ‘RBS’s participation in ‘Rutgers’ integrating themes’ – A key initiative if the University’s strategic plan (2014).
- Director, School of Healthcare Business Innovation & Excellence (U Toledo). Launched multiple healthcare – business academic programs (i.e., MBA specialization, PharmD/MBA).
Professional Service (to the academy)
Service to Journals
- Associate Editor, Journal of Operations Management (2018-present). ERB since 2012.
- Associate Editor, Decision Sciences Journal (2017-present). Reviewer since 2012. Outstanding Reviewer, 2015.
- Editorial Review Board member, Journal of Supply Chain Management (2017-present). Reviewer since 2015.
- Reviewer, Production & Operations Management Journal (2015-present).
- Reviewer, International Journal of Production Economics (2012-present).
- Reviewer, International Journal of Production Research (2014-present).
- Reviewer, International Journal of Operations & Production Management (2015-present).
- Reviewer, Service Science (2011 – 2013).
- Guest Editor, International Journal of Business Innovation and Research special issue on Building Dynamic Innovation Capabilities in the Age of Globalization (published in 2016).
- Guest Editor, Benchmarking: An International Journal special issue on Challenges and Opportunities for Supply Chains in Turbulent Times (published in July 2012).
Service to Academic Societies
- Academic Scholar, Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures (2017 – present).
- Production Operations Management Society (POMS) College of Healthcare Operations Management. President (2017-18) VP of Meetings (2014-17), VP of Outreach (2010-14).
- Reviewer, Best paper competition POMS College of Healthcare OM, 2013, 2014 & 2015.
- Organized and moderated a semi-plenary panel at POMS with policy experts from the American Hospital Association. Topic: “Hospital Payment Trends and Alignment with Quality Care,” 2015.
- Organized an invited abstract session on “the role of physicians in healthcare OM,” POMS 2017.
- Decision Sciences Institute (DSI).
- DSI Buddy Project, Veteran Member (Mentor) (2017-present).
- Member Services Committee Member (2016-2018).
- Coordinator with Dr. Arash Azadegan, 2016 DSI New Faculty Consortium.
- Panelist, “Value Co-Creation in Healthcare” organized by Dr. Joy Field, 2016.
- Reviewer, 2014 DSI Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation competition.
- Organized a special session on EMR for 2013. Case study judge 2013.