(25) 2017 Decision Sciences Journal Best Paper Award for a publication titled, “Linking Electronic Medical Records use to Physicians’ Performance: A contextual analysis,” with M. Tarafdar.
(24) 2016 New Jersey Bright Idea Award, sponsored by the Seton Hall University Stillman School of Business and the New Jersey Policy Research Organization (NJ PRO) Foundation, for the paper: “Examining pathways from innovation orientation to patient satisfaction: a relational view of healthcare delivery,” with Callaway, S. and Vonderembse, M. published in Decision Sciences, 46(5), 863-899. Recognized as one of the top 10 papers selected from 141 publications in 2015 from New Jersey professors. (Awarded: October 2016).
(23) 2016 New Jersey Bright Idea Award, sponsored by the Seton Hall University Stillman School of Business and the New Jersey Policy Research Organization (NJ PRO) Foundation, for the paper: “Examining Absorptive Capacity in Supply Chains: Linking Responsive Strategy and Firm Performance,” with Leuschner, R., Roh, J. and Hong, P. published in Journal of Supply Chain Management, 51(4), 3-28. Recognized as one of the top 10 papers selected from 141 publications in 2015 from New Jersey professors. (Awarded: October 2016).
(22) “Favorite Professor of the Year” Award, voted on and provided by the Rutgers Business School MBA class of 2016 (full and part-time students).
(21) Finalist, Journal of Supply Chain Management’s 2015 Harold E. Fearon Best Paper Award for a 2015 publication titled, “Examining Absorptive Capacity in Supply Chains: Linking Responsive Strategy and Firm Performance” with Leuschner, R., Hong, P.C. and Roh, J.J.
(20) 2015 Outstanding Reviewer of the Year award (only awardee), Decision Sciences Journal.
(19) 2015 Decision Sciences Institute’s Best Lean Enterprise Paper Award, 1st Place Winner.
(18) 2015 New Jersey Bright Idea Award, sponsored by the NJPRO Foundation, the Stillman School of Business at Seton Hall University, and the public policy research affiliate of the NJ Business and Industry Association, for the paper: “Strategic Customer Service Orientation, Lean Manufacturing Practices and Performance Outcomes: An Empirical Study,” with Hong, P. and Yang, M. published in Journal of Service Management, 25(5), (2014) 699-723. Recognized as one of the top 10 papers selected from 142 publications in 2014 from New Jersey professors. (Awarded: October 2015).
(17) 2012 Distinguished (Best) Paper Award, Decision Sciences Institute 43rd Annual Meeting Healthcare Management Track in San Francisco, CA
(16) 2012 Honorable Mention (runner up) Best Paper Award, 10th Annual International Symposium on Supply Chain Management hosted by the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) in Toronto, Canada
(15) 2011 Elwood S. Buffa Dissertation Competition, Decision Sciences Institute 42nd Annual Meeting in Boston, MA. First Runner Up (Honorable Mention)
(14) 2011 University of Toledo College of Business and Innovation Outstanding Young Alum Award
(13) 2011 Outstanding Paper Award Winner for Benchmarking: An International Journal at the Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence. Paper: Hong, P., Dobrzykowski, D. and Vonderembse, M. (2010). Integration of supply chain IT and lean practices for mass customization: benchmarking of product and service focused manufacturers. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 17(4), 561-592
(12) 2010 Best Doctoral Student Paper Award, Decision Sciences Institute 41st Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA
(11) 2010 Best Doctoral Student Paper Award, Production Operations Management Society (POMS) Conference Healthcare Operations Management Track, Vancouver, BC, Canada
(10) 2010 University of Toledo PhD Student Pacemaker of the Year Award Recipient
(9) 2010 Inductee, Current Member, Alpha Iota Delta Honor Society
(8) 2009 Inductee, Current Member, Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society
(7) 2008 Bridging Graduate Studies at The University of Toledo, Graduate Research Symposium first place research abstract/presentation award. Topic: The intersection of new service development and operations management; a healthcare context.
(6) 2006 University of Toledo Alumni Affiliate of the Year (Affiliate Member)
(5) 2005 University of Toledo Executive MBA Alumnus of the Year
(4) 2004-05 & 2012-2013 University of Toledo Outstanding Teacher Award (Nominee)
(3) 2004 University of Toledo Volunteer of the Year
(2) 2003 University of Toledo Outstanding Young Alum Award Recipient (selected from 40,000 alumni 35 years or younger)
(1) 2000 University of Toledo Alumni Affiliate of the Year (Affiliate Member)
(1) 2006 Bob Rehkopf Award Recipient (Man of the Year), Toledo Traveling Classic
(2) 2004 Toledo 20 Under 40 Leadership Award Recipient (endorsed by the Ohio House of Representatives)
(3) 2002 Bob Rehkopf Award Recipient (Man of the Year), Toledo Traveling Classic
(4) 2002 Inductee, GTJBA (Toledo Bowling Association) Hall of Fame